Windows Mobile

Support:
Occasional Advisor

Re: Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950XLMicrosoft Lumia 950 and 950XL

Hi TelstartFlyer

You are correct, it is not MS but Vodacom. I eventually got hold of a lady at their warehouse (tel 0821942) who on Tursday last week (21 Jan) informed me that they did indeed get stock on that day and that they are busy with the back orders first. Although sending mails and informing them over the phone what my correct delivery address was, they sent my handset to our Cape Town Head Office. My guys in CPT informed me that they got a parcell for me yesterday (Monday) but will courier it to JHB, so I expect it to be with me tomorrow.

They did not open the parcell to check what phone it is. So it is to see if it is indeed the 950 XL that was sent and not just the plain 950, when I get my delivery...

I will let you guys know as soon as I have confirmation. Don't want to get my hopes too high too soon...

Regards

Occasional Advisor

Yeaaaa, finally got my Lumia 950 XL from Vodacom !!!

49 Days (7 Weeks) since my upgrade (to the tee). Will look at it tonight and over the next few days...

Regards

Abri

Occasional Advisor

Hi All

Just a heads-up for al future owners... I could not play/test my phone last night as I did not realise I need a Nano-SIM card for it. My previous phone is so old I was stil using a normal SIM in it. This is too big for the 950XL SIM slot. Puts me back another day... but my own fault.

Get yourselves a Nano-SIM before you can use it.

Regards

Abri

New Contributor

I got hold of a 950 and love it. Some features that is not included with the Lumia 925 but all works well. Hope to get another when my contract expires

Highlighted
New Contributor

Nice, I also got the 950 XL, upgrading from the 640 XL. Fast charging, Continuum, camera all makes a difference. Just a word of advice about getting another Lumia, the stock is running out world-wide and they aren't manufacturing new ones, this will be the last time that we will see the offer on Vodacom's store Smiley Sad

New Contributor

I have the same problem. Now waiting 7 weeks and still have not heard anything from Vodacom. Was on Cell C and MTN website's this afternoon and it is readily available there. I have a Nokia 925 and had a 625  that i gave to my mother. Not intersested in another phone but it looks as if Vodacom is not in the least interested in someone wanting another phone besides a andriod or iphone. Have been to the contact centre last week online and sent a message. They supposedly was to come back in 48 hours - it is now over 5 days.

Complained on Hello Peter - got an sms they will reply to me within the next 24 hours - still waiting. Should I leave Vodacom and go to another service provider? I am thinking about it.

Any comments?