Windows Mobile

Support:
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950XLMicrosoft Lumia 950 and 950XL

Hi. Does anyone know when the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950XL will be available from Vodacom? Several enquiries from different outlets and other sources only provided conflicting replies. Mauritz

Occasional Advisor

Re: Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950XLMicrosoft Lumia 950 and 950XL

Hi Mauritz

I was informed on 9 December verbally that they had stock and thus proceeded to complete my upgrade (which was already due May 2015 - but I delayd the upgrade as I was waiting for this phone to be released). Needless to say, I was informed a week or so later that they did not have stock of the phone, although they were able to give me exactly what my monthly instalment would be including the phone, and that they were not able to supply me with an ETA. As my account is a corporate sponsored account, I have to work through my business which makes follow up queries take that much longer as there is now a third party in the middle to work through. Since then I received an e-mail that it would be shipped (not sure if to me or to Vodacom) on 31 December 2015. I tried calling Vodacom directly today and the Business helpline informed me that they only have the normal 950 and not yet the 950XL which frustrates me even more as I am looking for the XL.

So the short version is, I will have to wait until Vodacom says it is here, but hopefully it will be over the next few days, if I can trust what they are telling me. I know this is not of much help but hopefully someone at Vodacom reads this and realises the frustration we have to go through. It is just as if there is no urgency in the matter...

Regards

Abri

New Contributor

Let us know what happened.
Occasional Advisor

So today Vodacom gave some feedback to our team in my company that deals with cellphone contracts/upgrades etc.

It was short and sweet, or shall I say a bitter: "Shipment was delayed , stock has not arrived , awaiting a new ETA from the supplier."

So there you have it, still no Lumia 950 XL for me, sigh....

New Contributor

Since decided to go with 950 and by chance went to Vodacom Menlyn who received two handsets Wednesday last. Still no info on 950XL unfortunately. Very satisfied with 950 and has not experienced any problems. Took a while to get all the updates installed but every thing is working smoothly. Now for next wait for possible Surface phone in future.

Occasional Advisor

So followed up with Vodacom again yesterday and still the same old reply:

"I do apologise for the delay.
We are still awaiting ETA from the supplier for this device."

So there you have it, still no Lumia 950 XL for me.

This is becoming ridiculous. A month and 1 week later and still no phone… BAD Vodacom, BAD Vodacom….

New Contributor

Hi Indeed not good service. I am however very happy with 950  missing bigger screen somewhat but otherwise had not a single problem with 950. If the back, home and search button should have been on lover part of phone as previous models as one loses about 7 mm of space. Sounds small but would have made a huge difference on actual screen size.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found a post two weeks ago stating that the shipment was held up at customs and that they have to follow standard procedures to have it released.  Another post stated that there is a world-wide shortage of stock. So it might be the last batch coming through for a while Smiley Sad

Spoiler

Occasional Advisor

But you see, when I upgraded it was confirmed with me that stock was available otherwise I would not have upgraded to the SMART XL package. I have already waited from May 2015 (when my upgrade was due) and was happy to continue with it as I believe the previous package I was on, SMART ADVANCED, had more benefits than the current one.

It's like taking bookings for 60 seats on an aeroplane that can only take 30 at a time and then saying to the other customers that they will just have to wait until the plane flies again. This is not on... BAD Vodacom

#feelcheatedbyvodacom

#lostmyloyaltytovodacom

#emptypromisesbyvodacom

Occasional Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

aaagh, this MS war is driving me to tears.

From my side I managed to get hold of the Lumia sales manager at Microsoft SA.

He says this IS a Vodacom issue, that the stock IS in the warehouse (according to Microsoft), but he is not elaborating why they are not sending this off to the different shops.

So much for MS trying to market their Lumia range. Sad. Sad. Smiley Sad

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated

...anyone actually got hold of a 950XL via Vodacom yet?