Tablets & Modems

Support:
Occasional Visitor

Vodafone R226-Z Router/Wi-Fi

So `i've discovered my router tends to go into "sleep" mode. I cannot find the correct place in 192.168.0.1. I called 155 and they just hmmed. Telling to log in and do it. So `i ask where but they have no idea how the dashboard looks or where to find it. So I leave a message on their facebook page and they tell me to set it to "always on". So I ask where is "always on" and I get the response of oh sorry you will need to go to a store. Can anyone help me? The dashboard looks different to that of the R212-Z dashboard so the comments there don't help.

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Vodafone R226-Z Router/Wi-Fi

DiBee wrote:

So `i've discovered my router tends to go into "sleep" mode. I cannot find the correct place in 192.168.0.1. I called 155 and they just hmmed. Telling to log in and do it. So `i ask where but they have no idea how the dashboard looks or where to find it. So I leave a message on their facebook page and they tell me to set it to "always on". So I ask where is "always on" and I get the response of oh sorry you will need to go to a store. Can anyone help me? The dashboard looks different to that of the R212-Z dashboard so the comments there don't help.

Thanks

Hi

This router was designed to operate like this.

1) When your PC/ Tablet is goes into Sleep/Hibernate mode it will disconennet the WiFi connection to save on battery power. - Suggest PC/Tablet power mode never to sleep/hibernate.

2) Please learn never ask any sales person or Vodacom store questions like yours and will be given trashy replies. They are there to sell and not think unfortunately.

3) This Router has been network locked by their software/dashbard theirfore Apn etc. cannot be setup.

4) Last suggestion reg and log on to www.mybroadband.co.za forums especially the Vodacom one for more intelligent answers and assistance.

Hope is of some value.