Samsung

Support:
Visitor
Ainemug

Vodafone protect app has locked my phone

I have the vodafone protect app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy N3), that has locked the unit. It asks for a PIN number which I cannot remember. When I attempt to reset my pin on the Vodafone protect website it I an told "There is no valid account **bleep**ociated with your number’. The phone in help-line is clueless. How should I proceed?

Community Manager
Snappy

Re: Vodafone protect app has locked my phone

Hi Ainemug

Was this a new device you purchased or have you purchased the device from someone else?

Regards,

Snappy

Occasional Visitor
Nemesis8083

hello i see i'm not the only one with this problem

have any one yet got a solution to this problem yet?

NOTE: I think that this might be a cool app but i think this app is "BULL**bleep**" because i did not install this as it came installed on the phone... Other users with the same phone SONY Z1 does not have this installed and this is clearly a vodacom installed app...

Community Manager
Snappy

[ Edited ]

Hi Nemesis8083

You will need to contact our Data Call Centre on 082 155 (free call from Vodacom sim). The consultant would need to log a call to our Advanced Data Support Desk where they will be able to unlock the App and device for you, alternatively you can also visit the following link: https://protect.vodacom.co.za/Home 

Regards,

Snappy

Occasional Visitor
ashwin

I`ve call the call centre and a sms was sent to me with a pin but, that also did not work:smileyembarrassed:

Occasional Visitor
jozz12

[ Edited ]

hello vodafone protect app has lock my phone i can remember my pin so i dont know what to do please help is a vodafone smart kicka v685