Samsung

Support:
Frequent Advisor

Re: Vodafone protect app has locked my phone

Hi Follow these steps to remove the app without wiping the device: -Switch off the device -Turn it on but press and hold volume down (should turn on in safe mode) -Go settings -Select Security settings - Select Device administrators (deactivate Protect) - In settings menu go once again select Application manager - Scroll down to protect app and select it then select Uninstall -Restart device
New Contributor

hi Azie, thank you for this!!! One would think call centre agents would be able to know these things.

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Many frustrating hours with a Protect blocked device made me figure this one out without wiping the device! So you sorted?
Occasional Visitor

Hi I've put the phone into safe mode however still unable to access and settings.

Samsung galaxy grand neo plus
Frequent Advisor

so it says safe mode on the bottom left of the screen?
New Contributor

Great yes thanks. I just cannot understand why the app is still on the phone after upgrades?
Occasional Visitor

Good day

I have the same problem with my Samsung Note 3.

Will you please send me a pin to unlock m device.

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi Edward,

The procedure below worled for me (thanks to Azie!)

Hi Follow these steps to remove the app without wiping the device: -Switch off the device -Turn it on but press and hold volume down (should turn on in safe mode) -Go settings -Select Security settings - Select Device administrators (deactivate Protect) - In settings menu go once again select Application manager - Scroll down to protect app and select it then select Uninstall -Restart device