Prepaid Services

VIP
Accepted Solution

Vodacom Express Recharge

Enjoy the convenience of buying airtime, data bundles  and SMS bundles for you or someone else using your ABSA, Standard Bank or Nedbank debit or credit cards.

Start using Vodacom Express Recharge now! All you need is:
  • Your Vodacom cellphone
  • Your ABSA, Nedbank, Standard Bank debit or credit card
  • Your bank card PIN number
  • Dial *130*082#  Using *130*082# is FREE.
  • Select  what you want to buy: airtime, data bundles or SMS bundles Example: Press "1" to buy airtime
  • Enter the amount of airtime you want to buy. You can choose any amount from R5 to R300
  • Enter the Vodacom cellphone number. Either yours or any other Vodacom Prepaid or Top Up number
  • Enter your bank card number followed by your PIN

Occasional Visitor

Re: Vodacom Express Recharge

I try to load a 2G data bundle by dialling *111# and choosing the option to buy it with a debit/credit card but at the final step it just shows a message saying my card is not supported by Vodacom Express. How do I get it supported? I'm quite fristrated by this. It hould be a hassle free system to spen money with you and it is far too intricate!

Community Manager

Hi Ryno

Please drop us an email to social.media@vodacom.co.za with your name, surname and contact details including a copy of your posting so that our team can look into this for you.

Regards,

Snappy

Occasional Visitor

Goodday.

i want to change the card/ that i use to buy data and airtime how do i do that using my cellphone. because it seems to be linked to to the old card that i was using. please explain how i can fix it and buy using a different card

Community Manager

Hi Blessing

I've sent you an email, please respond to the email with your contact details so that our team can get in touch with you.

Regards,

Snappy

Occasional Visitor

I received a new credit card and can not charge my account with the new crdeit card, it continuing come back with: old card, plase tell me how can i change to my new credit card expiry dates

Occasional Visitor

According to the Vodacom website I can change the card that I want to use as many times as I like, but how do I do this?  When I access the app at no point am I able to provide the updated information.  When I called the 082 111 line the lady firstly told me that it was because Vodacom no longer accepts credit cards, however the Vodacom website still states that a credit card can be used (refer below extract).  When I asked how to amend the details from my existing credit card selected payment method to a debit card, she said I need to go into the Bank to do this, but surely this cannot be correct and as per the extract below from the Vodacom website we should be able to "Change the card you want to pay with as many times as you like

Vodacom Express Recharge

You can buy Prepaid airtime and bundles for any Vodacom Prepaid, Top Up or uChoose number using your bank card – anywhere, anytime.

Why should I Express Recharge?

No need to register with your bank

Change the card you want to pay with as many times as you like.

Here’s what you’ll need:       
  • Your Vodacom cellphone.
  • ABSA or Standard Bank debit/credit card, or Nedbank debit card
Occasional Visitor

This service is not working nor is online data bundle purchases

Occasional Visitor

trying to buy data using my card but I keep receiving a message saying the purchase was unsuccessful

Occasional Visitor

Re: Vodacom Express Recharge Deregister

Good day

Please advise how do i delete my card details and deregister from the express recharge service?

thanks