Our Network

RJ
Advisor
Accepted Solution

Network Troubleshooting

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone!

If you're experiencing any possible network issues, please read the information below before posting. This will help you to remedy the situation or get to the channel best suited for your needs

• Loss of signal (3G or otherwise)
  • Poor Signal
  • Dropped Calls
  • Problems making/receiving calls
  • Problems sending/receiving text messages    

1. Check if the issue only happens in one location:

Please verify whether the issue happens in just one location or not. If it does only happen in one location then please see point 3. If it happens everywhere you go then please see point 2.

2. Test your SIM in another phone

If an issue is happening everywhere then it will almost certainly be caused by the phone or SIM card. The best way to check this is by testing the SIM in another phone. If the issue follows the SIM card, then you'll be able to pick up a new one from your Nearest Vodacom Store. If the issue stays with the phone then it will need to be repaired, our Vodacom Walk-in Service centres page has details of where you can take the phone. Also switch off and restart your handset. It may be there was a fault and your handset has not updated to recognise this is now resolved.

3. Check your coverage

Our Coverage Map will show what the signal should be like in your area. Please bear in mind that this is only a guideline and can never be 100% accurate, particularly for indoor coverage. If your coverage is low, or the issue only happens when you're indoors, then please make sure you log a network query with our team by accessing the online contact centre here – Online Contact Support

4. Log a query with our Customer Service Team

So we’ve exhausted all other options – now it’s time to bring in the big guns – log a query with us here - Online Contact Support or you can follow our Customer Service Team on Twitter - @Vodacom111 and get in touch with them there.

Kind Regards,

RJ

Community Manager

RJ
Advisor

Re: Network Troubleshooting

Hey Kempenm,

Sincere apologies for the confusion here. We do intend to publish a Faults board on the Communuty however this has not yet been done. We will let you know as soon as it is up and running. 

Sorry again,

RJ

Visitor

After thoughrough research on the 2 particular phones I was interested in, I got 2 brand new phone contracts online 12 days ago and Ive had the same problems. went trough all the steps and still no solution. I only started receiving calls a few days ago as I was still using my old Cell C number.

Not a very good reflection on vodacom, considering I've come from extremely poor service at cell C.

Occasional Visitor

Hi I stay in Dawn road Lynnwood Pretoria.

We have very bad or no signal here for years now. Please can we resolve this 

Occasional Visitor

Hi. I would like to know why there is virtually constant loss of vodacom signal currently being experienced at "The Big Red Barn" and the "New Irene Village Market" located just off the M18, corner of Glen road and Nelson Road. There is hardly any signal available in this area that is highly frequented by hundreds of people daily. This has never been looked into by Vodacom and I think that Vodacom has an obligation to improve the signal there as noone is able to use Vodacom when at the venue. Please send a technician out to this venue to test and fix the signal issues asap! All other networks supercede Vodacom's bad reception! It's been years now and still Vodacom has done absolutely nothing to fix this issue. This is an important and we'll frequented venue on a daily basis and everyone becomes extremely frustrated when they can't access the network. Please look into this issue as a matter of priority.
Thank you

Sean Presher-Hughes
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Very bad data connection in Lynnwood Manor - Phone shows 4G but no data is getting through - Call centre unable to help - Please fix the problem of compensate me for the loss.

Occasional Visitor

Reference Number 1/34072053546497. The suggestions that was posted to resolve network coverage is cleverly made up spin doctoring. 

I've been a loyal client of Vodacom with a high-end package but I'm so at my end with your poor network coverage I will now pay money to get out of my Vodacom Contract. 

I even had a Cell extender fitted at my business but that is not helping anymore. I mean this is in Weltevreden Park area, one of the fastest growing areas in JHB except for Vodacom.

Vodacom, from a preferred Network you have managed to frustrate the living hell out of me!

So dissapointed and now I'm the one that have to spend money to get out of my contract because of something that is not my fault!!???