Our Network

Support:
KVN
Occasional Visitor
KVN

Can't register Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the network

Please help! I got my Note 3 yesterday - did SIM swap to get MicroSIM. I can't register it on network, using "Automatically detect" or "Vodacom-SA". I get an "unable to connect. Please try again later." message. 

Should I change other settings? 

Vodacom Shop can't help me as their network is down.

Community Manager
Snappy

Re: Can't register Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the network

Hi KVN

My apologies for the late response. Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, please send me a private message with your contact details so that I can give you a call.

Regards,

Snappy

New Contributor
Phoenix_ZA

I have the same problem with My note 3. I haven't gone back to the store yet, but I would like to know what the resolution was (if any)?

Community Manager
Snappy

Hi Phoenix_ZA

Please see the link below for trouble-shooting tips on what might help you resolve this issue:

http://community.vodacom.co.za/t5/Our-Network/No-Network-error-with-Note-3-when-moving-between-cell-...

Regards,

Snappy

New Contributor
Phoenix_ZA

I set my Network mode to WCDMA/GSM and reset it. It worked for well with 3g for about half an hour, then it had an intermittent connection and now it wont connect. If I restart the phone I can get it working on the network fine for the first 30 minutes, a little longer when its limited to 3g as in above.

Community Manager
Snappy

Please send me a private message with your contact number so that I can give you a call.

Regards,

Snappy

New Contributor
Kratos

From what I can see the problem here is with the LTE settings on the phone. I will be sending my Note 3 back to Vodacom and I don't want a new one. Sadly, the Note 3 is unable to use the LTE network which basically means that you have an LTE handset with no LTE. This is definitely a device issue as my HTC One used to work fine on Vodacoms LTE.