Internet Services

Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

APN settings

Hi Please help,

I sent in all the paper work for a unrestricted APN on my data contract, this was two weeks ago, i keep calling for an update (082155), and its always in progress. i was originally told it takes 24 - 48 hours to be done.

Now all of a sudden this data sim (in 4g modem) cannot connect to the 4g/lte network (it always could) at home or the office, both locations have full 4g coverage, i know this because my 2 phones show full coverage all the time.

If i do manage to get a unrestricted APN and can connect to the 4g/lte network. what APN name must i use?

lte.vodacom.za or unrestricted, obvioulsy i cannot use both at the same time, basically if i use the unrestricted APN name, will i be able to use 4g/lte and if i had to use the APN name lte.vodacom.za will it be unrestricted.

Thank you in advance.

Advisor

Re: APN settings

Hi

I hope this has been sorted if not mail me your unrestricted apn aplication at potfiene@gmail.com.

When you are provisioned for the APN you can connect to it by creating an unrestricted APN profile on your router phone or modem.

Connecting to the unrestricted APN does not mean you wont get LTE speeds, the LTE APN was created sometime ago when it was still being tested and rolled out. The LTE service is added as a VAS onto your SIM so when it registeres on the GSM network it will connect you to the LTE service if your SIM has the VAS added.

I dont recall there being a cost for the VAS either I dont think there is.

So in short once you are provisioned for the unrestricted APN just change your APN on the connection profile of your internet device to unrestricted  and you should be good to go.

Regards.

Community Manager

Good day help me

The unrestricted APN needs to be active on the SIM in question, as mentioned by you, in order to gain access to it. Once this is done you need to change the settings on the modem or router so that the APN being used to connect is "unrestricted" and NOT "internet" or "lte.vodacom.za"

If you have tried this and it is still not working, it is possible the APN is not active on the line. Please send me a private message with the phone number of the SIM as well as a contact number so that I can follow up for you.

iPhone 6s iOS 10.3.1
Mac Book Pro 15" Retina macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Occasional Visitor

Hi VodacomKyle,

are you still able to assist with the unrestricted APN provisioning?

I am having some bad luck with the support from call centre

Advisor

Hi check the www.vodacom.co.za site and search apn you will be able to download a from to request for the activation of the unrestricted apn which you would need to send back to vodacom in order for this to be activated
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all

Important to note here, the unrestricted APN is only availale to Postpaid contract subscribers i.e. an open line. It cannot be activated for Prepaid and Top Up/uChoose price plans.

Thanks

iPhone 6s iOS 10.3.1
Mac Book Pro 15" Retina macOS Sierra 10.12.4