Huawei

Support:
Highlighted
VIP

Huawei Ascend G7 - Kick it up a gear!!

As with some of my other reviews on the BlackBerry Passport last year, I like to test the limits of the device by posting a review using the device and its capabilities. This, then, is such a review...

The G7 has its own version of "SwiftKey" but it's just not as fluid as the actual SwiftKey App. For one, you need to tap on the correct word that the in house app decides is what you want to type. Then you still need to physically tap the spacebar to advance to the next word. This makes for a bit of a cumbersome typing experience and is something that Huawei might want to look at in future iterations of the tool.

As mentioned, the 64bit QualComm processor makes short work of the most demanding jobs. And this is backed by what I can only assume must be a Huawei trade secret: The absolutely brilliant connectivity. In areas where my LG G2 can barely find Edge, like the middle of the lab where I spend most of the day, the G7 runs 4G like that's the way it's supposed to be. I don't know whether Huawei has a built in range extender or just some magical aerial technology, but the Huawei devices, as my fellow reviewers can attest, knocks most other brands in the dirt when it comes to connectivity, truly making it one of the go-to brands to use on the Vodacom Network.

Another nifty feature, and again, it might be available on other Android phones but it's the first time I see it, is the Running Apps button. When this button is held for a couple of seconds, the last app/website/program you were busy with, is started exactly where you left off before taking that pesky telephone call. The nerve of some people to phone right in the middle of the 9Gag Redhead Redemption!

Then there is a very novel mirror function, complete with fogging up when you blow on the microphone. I can only imagine that, apart from taking selfies, the Chinese, like all other humans, have trouble with that one booger that can not be found and the existence of which remains a mystery until after that first date...

The G7 also had a magnifier tool. This one is actually pretty cool and not as much of a novelty feature as the mirror app. I recently used it to identify a "gogga" brought into the house by my three year old. Turns out she only brought in half of a rain spider after which the "why-are-spiders-bad" speech was delivered by my wife. The detail was perfect! Pity I didn't have enough time to snap a pic or two...

Because of the larger screen size,  I actually prefer my social media interactions on the G7. That and the fast download speeds, make Twitter, Instagram and Facebook a snap!

Screenshot_2015-05-18-09-33-00.jpeg    Screenshot_2015-05-18-09-35-24.jpeg

Speaking of which, go check out @vodacom and @HuaweiZA for amazing info on current devices and great deals.  Also check out the Vodacom Online Store for more of the same.

Don't forget the #VodacomCommunity if you want to be part of the greatness in future!

Re: Huawei Ascend G7 - Kick it up a gear!!

Great review @CyberPsycho13

I only just discovered the Running Apps feature by accident yesterday actually. I wasn't sure if it was just a hidden feature of Android that I hadn't seen before but it is a good one to know about!

What sort of lab do you work in by the way? (are you allowed to tell?)

VIP

@mobidick, I am a Medical Technologist by day. Work in a Medical lab but my passion nowadays is tech. I learn as I go so just call me out of I get stuff wrong... 

That's awesome! He he, I'm certainly in no position to call anyone out, I think you do a great job!