House Rules and Announcements

Support:
Respected Contributor
Accepted Solution

Stand a chance of winning a copy of CoD Black Ops 3 or Arkham Knight

[ Edited ]

We’re giving one lucky winner the chance of winning one of these soon to be released titles on any platform of their choosing. All you have to do is give us your favourite game review and collect the most Kudos (they’re those little stars under your name.)

You can increase your chances by sharing your post on social media and getting your friends to give you Kudos. Don't forget to use the Hashtag #VodacomCommunity

In the one corner we have:

Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Call of Duty Black Ops

The franchise is a spinoff of the popular series Call of Duty. I first started playing Call of Duty on PC. The game was set during World War Two which means that there weren’t any sniper’s rifles that could shoot enemies from distance through a concrete wall. More about that later.

Black Ops was set during the Cold War when the US and the USSR were in a race to control the minds of the masses on ideological grounds, or so the theory goes. In the game you join the Mujahideen in Afghanistan, you are exposed to CIA and KGB mind control and the game ends with a mini Zombie game. I hate Zombies.

Black Ops 2 is set in the future with the military element more gadget focus than skills based. Some of them are real but I found that aside from the graphics and the great story lines, the actual game play was less than challenging.  I found Splinter Cell Blacklist to be more of a challenge with all of those gadgets.

I am hoping that Black Ops 3 will bring the franchise back to the gamers. In my opinion, although we need “BFG” type weapons, you require a certain amount of skill and authenticity to enhance the story telling element. Just to give you an indication of one of the levels, you are transporting the President and your vehicle crashes on an overpass. Although there are overwhelming odds and you’re surrounded, at no point do you feel that “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” moment. Yeah there were some challenges but nothing that made me want to go back and play the game again. And I have gone back to play Black Ops again. Just because it is challenging and they give you bear traps.

Although Black Ops 3 is set 40 years after the events in Black Ops 2, here is hoping that futuristic elements don’t overrun the actual game play. The story is basically fear of Machines taking over the world and human beings must stop them. I just looked at my smartphone and I swear it winked at me.

You can find out more about the new instalment of Black Ops here.

Arkham Knight

Batman_Arkham_Knight_Cover_Art.jpg

To be honest I don’t know much about the Arkham series. My text message footer says “Sent from Arkham Asylum” but I have never played it. My younger brothers have gotten into this and from preliminary reviews, it is looking to be one of the most anticipated games of 2015. Also has the Batmobile as a drivable vehicle in the game.

There has been much discussion of the new Batman in the movies, with this game at least if Ben Affleck disappoints you can always pretend you're the better Batman. (Or Joker, or Bane or Harley.)

batman-nimble-clowns.png

This was the last Batman game I played which was so disastrous that I locked myself in the East Wing like Bruce Wayne after The Dark Knight. Maybe it was the game I needed, but not the game I deserved. (See what I did there?)

The prize.

Because we want to review really great gamers we will give the winning post the choice of choosing between either title. We will preorder it and delivery on the day it is released. Please note that Akham Knight is only available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Second prize: There is no prize for finishing second in gaming.

Please note that these games are not yet available in SA and that they will be preordered for you. As soon as they are available in SA they will be delivered to you via the good people at @ takealot.com 

Post in any of the boards - PC, Mobile or Console and don't forget to let us know which platform and which game you'd prefer if you were to win.

HHP

Love your mobile gaming? Then download Asphalt 6, Ironman3 and Real Football 2015 for only R4.99. Get your first game Free! Simply SMS Games Club to 31116

Closing Date: 30 June 2015

New Contributor

Re: Stand a chance of winning a copy of CoD Black Ops 3 or Arkham Knight

Hi, when is the closing date of this competition?
Respected Contributor

30 June 2015

New Contributor

Community Manager

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well done @Jatin - you win the game of your choice.

Please email me with your choice.

@Tauriq - you missed out by Kudo - so we're giving you a R500 Takealot voucher for playing. Send me a private message and I will send you your voucher code.

HHP

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hamish- Thanks alot. (Or should I say Take alot ^_^)

@Jatin- Congrats.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Just no. That was a bad joke. I will pretend it never happened. OK?