Contract Services

Support:
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Fraudulent upgrade on my account I0488739 - case number 1-24180396343923

My contract was fraudulently upgraded from a previous contact of a Flexi 75 on February 12th

It was upgraded to a uChoose Flexi 200 with and an Apple IPhone 7, PUK 80757696 . Vodacom advises that the phone was picked up from a Chatz cellular TA store on the 27th of February 2017.

I did not upgrade my account , I did not give anyone permission to upgrade my account and this has been done in fraudulently and in fraud of my rights.

The above came to attention when I received the debit order on the 29th April 2017 for the amount of R600 instead of the usual R75 .

I immediately phoned Vodacom customer support on the 29th April 2017 and spoke to Mbali Zakulu. She advised to start a Fraud investigation. My Vodacom case number is 1-24180396343923 and they have placed the account under forensic lockdown.

I requested Vodacom  investigate and correct the upgrade immediately and refund any amounts paid. I was told that i should email a copy of all the documents and a police affidavit to  documents@vodacom.co.za, and fraud.analysis@vodacom.co.za and wait 7 working days then phone back and ask for "solutions". I have emailed all the documents.

I am shocked at how this can happen and the level of fraud vodacom allows. i am still waiting for the phone call from vodacom fraud

Rory Preddy

Occasional Visitor

Re: Fraudulent upgrade on my account I0488739 - case number 1-24180396343923

I have the same problem, I hear someone did an upgrade of 5Gig and a router on my account. I called last month the same day a vodacom debit order of an unknown amount went off my account and was told to email an affidavit together with my ID and that the service fee to that fraudulent upgrade will be credited back to my account. Nothing has happened yet.

Today i called back and was told my problem will be escalated to Foresic for investigation. They need to tighten their security features because clearly fraudsters have seen a loophole in their system.

New Contributor

finally after months and months they paid back the money from the fraud and fixed my contracts. the only way to communicate was via twitter.
Alu
Occasional Visitor

Did they resolve your problem. I need to know what to do as this has happened to me too.
Occasional Visitor

Fraudulent upgrade on my account - Ref # 1-34070507678336

[ Edited ]

I’ve lost all trust in Vodacom and here’s why:

On August 4th I was notified via sms that my “quotation” is being reviewed. I ignored the notice and assumed that it may have been sent to me in error. A few days later I received a second sms advising that my quotation had been processed. I decided to call Vodacom and query the SMS and confirm that I would not like to extend my cellphone contract since the contract expired at the end of September 2017.

I reached the customer service team and asked the rep to note that I would not like to extend the contract.  To my surprise I was told that I had already upgraded my contract last Friday (August 4th) for a Huawei P10 and Huwaei P8! Being extremely concerned I tried explaining to the rep that I was not responsible for the contract upgrade since I did not agree to anything. The rep being extremely rude spoke over me and once I became irate he decided to end the call on me.

After being put back on hold, I was then assisted by a second rep which was a bit more understanding and listened to my concern. I wanted to know who and how it was possible for someone to take out a contract using my details when I was not present and did not sign for anything.  I was advised by the rep that a person by the name of Mr/Mrs Bezuidenhout agreed to this contract and the phones were being delivered to this person’s address. No further information could be given since they needed to protect the fraudster. According to the rep “Mr/Mrs Bezuidenhout” validated my Vodacom account at Somerset Mall - Vodacom Shop where they were given approval for the contract upgrade. Kindly note my surname is NOT Bezuidenhout.

I made my way to the Somerset Mall Vodacom Shop  since I needed answers. The store manager then validated my details and it was confirmed that the ID provided was not mine. It appears that a false copy of my ID was provided and according to the manager “that’s all that’s needed to confirm account details” before a contract can be upgraded.  According to the manager, the fraudster has left the store with two cellphones bagged !

Vodacom, I have a few questions that I deserve to have answered since you lost my trust in your security measures and caused me a great inconvenience.

*If I have an existing profile with your company, why was the ID not validated against my original copy on file?

*If my ID states Samuels, how was it possible for someone by the name of Mr/Mrs Bezuidenhout able to sign for the contract?

*Why have you still not reviewed your security process if there have been similar cases reported this year??????