Contract Services

Support:
Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

Early contract cancellation obligations

I currently have a uChoose Flexi 150 cotractwith Vodacom. Since last week Tuesday (14 March) I can now upgrade. However, according to my MyVodacom account, my contract only expires in June 2017.

I want to switch to another network however. I want to know what my contractual obligations would be if I were to cancel my contract with vodacom now (say, from 1 April)? In other words cancelling my contract 3 months before it expires?

Do I pay a cancellation fee or do I have to continue paying my installments for the 3 remaining months or what?
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Re: Early contract cancellation obligations

Hi Yes there will be a premature cancellation fee which will need to be paid a premature cancellation quote can be obtained by calling 0821958 they will fax/email this to you thereafter you will need to make payment of the amount on the quote then email quote plus ID copy to the email address on the quote.
Occasional Visitor

Re: Early contract cancellation obligations

I'm in a different situation, but possibly the same outcome:

I am unemployed since the beginning of this year, and I have no income. I am in arrears on my account. I have no way to pay this amount at this time, so I'm thinking that I should cancel my data and phone contract with the 20 day notice period. I understand that I am liable for the outstanding amount.

However, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PAY the exorbitant and rediculous cancellation fees.

Is there a solution?