Contract Services

Support:
Occasional Visitor

Re: Challenge series: Question 2 - Blocking WASP services

Sms STOP ALL WC to 30333 from your cellphone!

Occasional Visitor

You go to my vodacom, www.vodacoma.co.za then log in, or register if you don't have an account with my vodacom,you check service options , u click on account services, there's an option to "manage wasp services" ,you select that manage wasp services option. From there you select the name of the wasp service you want to unsubscribe to,then click on the unsubscribe button (option) which is below the table of mobile content services

New Contributor

Visit Vodacom.co.za.

Login to you account in the top right hand corner of the page.

One you are in My Account select WASP opt out on the left hand side of the page.

Then choose to opt out from the service and click the bright green button.

Occasional Visitor

Re: Challenge series: Question 2 - How to block WASP services

Works perfectly. Simply sms STOP to 30600 and a confirmation sms will be received immediately to notify you that you have been unsubscribed from WASP services and should you decide to subscribe again you can option back in. Wonderful!
New Contributor

MariusC did you ever get to the bottom of getting a refund? I have had a total of R 1640.00 taken off my account for 'Content Services', but I am not subscribed to any! I sent a SMS to WASP, and was sent a reply to say I am not subscribed to any Services.

Vodacom tells me the costs are for 'airtime', but I am on a contract and remain within the confines of my contract; so what's the 'airtime' Charge??
New Contributor

I called Vodacom and they logged a query with Wasp who acknowledged that my money was being deducted fraudulently as I was not subscribed to any services. My money was refunded into my Vodacom account.

Vodacom however, do not pass that refund on to you, but keep it and deduct your invoice amounts from it, which I also think is not right - it was never theirs to start with; it will take 6 months to use the money they took from me.

When I called to say I wanted the money refunded into my bank account, I was told I had to prove the money was mine!! This issue was never resolved.

Quite frankly I feel that we as consumers need to group together and go to the Consumer Protection Council regarding these subscriptions - it is a wide open door for fraud and is is being regularly.
New Contributor

Good day.

Did anybody find out if there is a way to block all WASP services permanantely?

You can sms "stop all" to 31050 but that does not stop new ones comming in. I've had 20 in 2 days.

I tried to find out from Vodacom if it is them and they denied it.

However, searching the web, I discovered that Vodacom advertise for WASP operators. It also explains how they will charge the Vodacom customers that are subscribed to these people and pay a percentage to the wasp operator.

As you all know we are subscribed by these unscrupulious characters without our consent. Some of the opt out numbers that the operators supply are false and you connot opt out.....I only just found out about the 31050 number today.

One of the sms's sent to me said I was subscribed at R7/day. When I registered on Vodacom website and checked the services it said the cost was R700.00 per day. I assume that when you sms to opt out, you are charged at some rate. So they make money anyway.

Thats great for vodacom because when you run out of sms's you can buy more from them. The first day I went in to complain, nobody at the Vodacom shop told me about the 31050 number.(Which I see from this thread is free) Suspicious hey?

How on God's green earth can this be legal.

Does anybody have any usefull suggestions?

Highlighted
New Contributor

FoscusOnPurpose, Im with you on going to consumer counsel.