BlackBerry

Support:
Occasional Contributor
Arries

More info on new Bis,BBM for Z10

Hi.

Im very confused with the new Z10 BIS options..I understand that web browsing ect. is now done via normal data plans ect..But how does BBM ect work now..Also on data plan or do you buy BBM plan seperate or how..Is the Email pushing still included or will that also run from your Data Bundle?I am looking to upgrade but want to make sure about all of this.Also vodacom does not show diffrent Blackberry Bundles..So it is confusing..

Thanx Alot...

Moderator SW Moderator
SW

Re: More info on new Bis,BBM for Z10

Hi Arries

You are charged for all data usage on the Z10.This includes emails, browsing , etc. The BBM service will remain free until the end of May.

SW

Occasional Visitor
Lee-Anne

Hi there... Does this only apply to the Z10 or all other older models of blackberry's?
Moderator SW Moderator
SW

Hi Lee-Anne

This only applies to the new BB10 operating system.

Blackberry BIS and BES rules still apply to all the previous models.

Occasional Visitor
Podgy

Hi

How does your BBM work if you do not have a data bundle (my new smart package contract does not kick in until the end of the month) and I am still on the BB Bis contract but using my new BB Z10. BBM is ment to be free on the BBZ10 and on my existing contract but I cant recieve BBM unless I am using wifi.

VIP
jaiross

@podgy have you by any chance used up your data quota for the month?

Occasional Visitor
Toni

Be VERY careful with the BBZ10 data story. If you dial *111# to check your data usage it will always tell you you have 200mg of data. This is NOT usable data, this is ONLY BBM data. My daughter kept checking and thought she had data to use, and now I have a bill of R1652!!!!! Also if you put a limit on your data usage when you reach that limit Vodacom 'soft locks' your phone. So even if you still have sms's, free bbm or talk time available, your phone is blocked! Incredibly useless feature!
Community Manager
Snappy

Hi Toni

Have you managed to escalate the high data usage amount to our ADS department? If yes, please provide me with the reference number so that I can follow up with the request.

Regards,

Snappy